Primary Location: 5555 Oakbrook Pkwy, Norcross, GA, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 204552
Blueprint RF, a division of Cox Business, is a leading provider of technology solutions to hospitality clients. Built around a team of leaders with deep industry experience and client-focused innovators, the company provides complete network solutions to meet the full, and evolving, needs of hospitality properties, staff and guests. Blueprint RF has earned an excellent industry reputation for quality network design, solid delivery and support services, and continuous innovation. With a combination of customized solutions and first-class client service, Blueprint RF brings businesses and their staff closer to the guests while improving the experiences of all.
Cox Communications is now hiring a Senior Network Engineer (includes 802.11n/ac/ax WLAN) for the Blueprint RF organization, a division of Cox Business New Business Ventures. A strong candidate must have Local-area-networking and Wi-Fi design/implementation expertise. Ideal candidates will have in depth knowledge involving configuration and deployment of enterprise LAN/Wi-fi networks at hotels and other public venues (installations located throughout the US and Canada.)
Primary responsibilities include; network designs and implementations in accordance with exacting customer provided technical standards, familiarity with Cisco/Meraki, Ruckus, and Aruba network gear. In addition, testing and evaluating a variety of network technologies including GPON, DOCSIS, Cisco ISE, and Fortinet.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Overall responsibility for configurations and deployment of IT network infrastructure.
• Primary interface responsible for network-related services carried out by the company’s installation vendors.
• Understand and communicate customer provided networking design and implementation standards to assure accurate service delivery- training internal and field teams as required
• Develop organizational structure and ongoing workflows to deliver/maintain rigorous networking standards and practices across the engineering staff and company
• 8+ or more years of network engineering experience-strong emphasis in enterprise LAN design implementations
• 3+ years of leadership of a technical staff
• Network Design Certification(s)- Cisco CCNA or equivalent
• Expert knowledge/experience in Wide Area and Local Area network design, configuration, installation, evaluation, problem resolution, and project management.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of network equipment and operations including: Cisco/Meraki, Junus, Ruckus or Aruba, and emerging technologies
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage complex projects: developing project plans/schedules; delivering a product or service in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to analyze a situation and formulate a successful plan of action or recovery.
• Experience with dealing with escalated network support issues
• Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical and technical audiences.
• Ability to generate technical presentations and effectively translate to sales team/clients
• Ability to understand technical issues and apply solutions, technology, and products to meet a client’s networking needs
• Demonstrated technical knowledge, consulting, and troubleshooting skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to fully assess client situations and offer an effective technology solution
• Works independently with minimal supervision and guidance
• BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or technical degree
• Experience with WiFi in hospitality, education, healthcare or other public verticals
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 204552