Purpose: The Division Director of Development and Community Outreach is responsible for activities and developing strategies relating to the growth and development of private charitable support benefiting the Library and Gwinnett County Public Library Foundation and focusing on improving net revenue, the average gift size of renewing donors, and the number of recurring monthly donors. The primary functions include cultivation, acquisition and stewardship of primarily individual donors. The director will oversee the securing of financial resources through grants and appeals to support Library programs and services. The director reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with the Board and management of the organization. The Director is a liaison and advocate, along with the Executive Director, for the Library in the community. 1. Guide and facilitate the peer-to-peer fundraising activities of the Library Foundation board and its board meetings.3. Develop, manage and execute overall strategy for the in person, direct mail, e-appeals, online and other fundraising strategies for both entry point gifts and major gifts.5. Coordinate timelines, design and print processes and mailing lists.7. Develop meaningful connections with the Foundation’s portfolio of donors.9. Develop, promote and manage recurring giving program.11. In coordination with Director, Marketing & Communications, develops an annual comprehensive business and community development plan, and in collaboration with the Executive Director, providing targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.13. Oversees all community outreach and strategic alliances that will extend the Library’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support.15. Responsible for working closely with the Customer Experience department to review all program services in order to obtain information for reporting, complying with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.17. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.· Developing partnerships with community groups and with the private sector.· Assists in the planning of special events and fundraising activities that benefit the library financially.Knowledge of:· Advanced library operational principles and practices;· Customer service principles;· Intellectual freedom;Skill in:· Principles of Public Relations· Prioritizing and assigning work;· Designing, developing, and evaluating programs;· Project management;· Research methods;· Negotiating practices;· Operating a computer and applicable software;· Educating the staff and public on library reference materials;
· Communication and public speaking, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
· Communicating professional librarian topics and issues;
· Providing customer service;
· Data analysis;
· Educating staff and the public in Library practices;
· Strategic planning;
· Managing departments;
· Supervising and evaluating employees;
· Grant processes and writing
· Budgeting and accounting principles.
· Community analysis;
· Library administration principles;
· Supervisory and Managerial principles;
Implementing specially funded projects
· Coordinating efforts of Friends of the Library and Friends of the Library Foundation Fund.
Positions assigned to Development and Community Outreach area primarily are responsible for:
16. Corresponds with internal staff and external agencies to assist in promoting and coordinating grants and services opportunities and activities.
14. Oversees the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteer activities which support the operations and programs provided by the Library.
12. Oversee all processes of applying and obtaining grants for the library to include identifying and researching grant opportunities and qualifications, writing grants, gathering and organizing needed data, utilizing all available resources to secure grants, maintaining grant calendar and a high level of attention to detail in meeting grant requirements and deadlines.
10. Manage donor stewardship.
8. Oversee individual donor recognition and allocation of benefits, if any.
6. Provide accurate and timely reports for forecasting and analysis.
4. Coordinate data segmentation and oversee appeal customization.
2. Serve as the primary staff liaison between the Library Foundation and the Library.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:· Six years of progressively responsible supervisory, managerial, planning and experience related to area of assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.Licensing RequirementsValid Driver’s License
· Preferred State of GA certification for Librarianship – Librarian grade 5B, or equivalent work experience in non-profit fund raising.
· Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred;
About Gwinnett County Public LibraryGCPL is a former Library Journal Library of the Year (2000) and a recipient of numerous awards, honors and grants. The system features state of the art technology, a proactive service model, and a strong commitment to community engagement. GCPL consists of 15 branches and an administrative headquarters.
The library is governed by a five member Board of Trustees and has a budget of $19 million. The busiest library system in Georgia, some of GCPL's successful programs and services include: four makerspace-style Learning Labs with additional labs in development; Open Access, after hours customer self-service access at two library branches; and an award winning remote customer service center.
We are located in northeast metro Atlanta. One of the fastest growing counties in the US for twenty years, Gwinnett is home to nearly 1 million residents. The county features an award winning public school system as well as three public colleges. Gwinnett is an ethnically diverse county with over 100 languages spoken among its residents. The county is well known for its cultural, recreational and educational amenities.