Manage the daily drop-off/pick-up of food commodities to clients of the organization throughout GA and other subsidiaries. Follow guidelines as set forth by Transportation Logistics Manager and requirements set forth by DOT and other Federal, State and Local governments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to safely lift 50-75+ lbs. and occasionally 100+ lbs.
- Products are delivered via: hand trucks and ramps inside of customers location.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with colleagues and customers of the organization; cultural sensitivity and ability to relate well in a diverse environment and diverse client population.
- Communicate with a dispatcher via telephone or radio is required.
- Must have good handwriting, be able to fill out reports, invoices, work orders and time sheets
- Meet delivery schedules/route deliveries on time while maintaining compliance with hours of service
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions regarding safe operating practices.
- Inspect vehicle(s) for mechanical items and safety issues (Pre-trip inspections and post- trip inspections)
- Keep accurate log book records by DOT Regulations (hours of service, rest periods, time spent driving and retain fuel /toll receipts.
- Comply with all DOT regulations and guidelines (size, weight, route designations, parking & break periods) as well as company policy & procedure.
- Report all defects, accidents & violations.
- Responsible for the careful handling of all products at all times.
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum of 2 years CDL experience (Class A or B) in food distribution industry. Maintain valid CDL license, medical card, clean driving record.
High school diploma or GED certificate
Ability to adapt to multi-temperature environment, working hours: flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business as working hours vary, with shifts including weekends common.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, reach above and below the shoulders, squat, bend, kneel, and sit.
- The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50-75lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle.
WORK SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work extended hours, including weekends, Days & Hours are scheduled to vary based on business needs.
BACKGROUND CHECKS/ Pre-Employment Drug Screens: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Baily International of Atlanta
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Baily International of Atlanta reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace