VoiceNation is the nation’s leading provider of outsourced live answering services and virtual phone solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our innovative company culture to provide support for our primarily Linux network.
As a fast growing 24/7 operation, keeping all systems running around the clock is the priority. The person we bring on board will have a working knowledge of Linux, networking and server support.
The candidate will have a can do attitude and willingness to learn new technologies as we develop them for our clients.
Do you have a can do positive attitude? Hate the monotony of the day to day grind like a nine to fiver doing the same things over and over again? If so, this just might be that great opportunity you've been looking for. To join a forward-thinking company that truly cares about their staff and wants to develop each and every one of them to be the best they can be APPLY NOW!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or citizenship unless legally required, and provides equal employment opportunity to disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era.
- Medical Insurance benefits
- Life Insurance benefits
- Generous paid vacation/Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Fully stocked kitchen (company sponsored)
- Staff development
- An innovative and creative work atmosphere
- 3 – 5 Years of experience with VoIP solutions is a must, preferably with the SIP protocol through applications like Asterisk, Freeswitch, or any other relatable softswitch solution.
- Availability for critical IT maintenance in off-peak overnight hours. Mainly emergency response on-call, with some server deployments, updates, or maintenance you would schedule.
- Environment is 95% Linux based, so a strong understanding of *Nix based administration is a must.
- 2 years of Amazon Web Services administration.
- 5 years of experience with LAN/WAN network administration.
- MySQL or any relational database support experience. Any direct DBA experience is a bonus.
- Develop and execute back-up and recovery procedures.
- Install and maintain products, including patch application and upgrade of environments
- Experience managing and setting up Virtual/Cloud hosting environments.
- Server hardware experience preferably with Dell PowerEdge solutions.
- Strong ability to be self-managed and self-motivated but also able to lead others through technical solutions.
Skills You'll Need to Learn (Technologies we use):
- Windows, and OS/2 servers on between 70-100 dedicated or virtual servers.
- Windows desktop clients supporting over 1000 employees
- SQL, Apache, Asterisk
- Routers, WANs, multiple corporate firewalls, Nagios,
- Strong proficiency with PC hardware setup and troubleshooting, SIP phones
- Experience working with Telephony VoIP Projects
- Windows Server administration
- Keep it running. We run a 365 day, 24/7 call center that is dependent on IT solutions and must be kept operational at all times. Therefore it is critical that this person supports and upholds the integrity of technology solutions for clients. That is accomplished by: 1) Nagios monitoring and response/troubleshooting issues. 2) Assist in configuring and deploying new solutions to address new issues faced. 3) Guarantee solutions reliability through backups, clones, and hot-spares. All of the above is done while documenting technical specs and how to guides.
- Technical Acumen. Candidate will troubleshoot complex development and production application problems and provide technical and production support on an on-call basis.
Candidates must undergo a criminal background, employment verification and drug screening. VoiceNation is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. EEO/ADA