Position Specification ● Delivery Driver
REPORTING TO: Driver Supervisor
Empire Auto Parts is a leading, fast-growing provider of aftermarket collision automobile parts to independent
body shops, multi-shop operators, and dealer-operated body shops across fifteen states throughout the Northeast
and Mid-Atlantic regions. Founded in 1985, the company has twenty-one locations and employs over 400
team members. The company is currently opening its newest location in Peachtree Corners outside of Atlanta.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Driver Supervisor, the Delivery Driver is a key face of the company to its customers of collision
repair shops. The goal for each Delivery Driver is to successfully complete parts orders safely and on-time.
The successful candidate is a trusted delivery specialist with a track record of customer service and safe driving.
• Correctly, carefully and safely load parts into company vehicles.
• Obtain and follow delivery schedule from Dispatch personnel. Drive safely in obeyance of all rules-of-the-road.
• Hand-delivering each part to the customer representative as directed and in a personable manner.
• Receive and handle payments or documentation from customers as requested.
• Obtain and inspect parts to be returned. Be familiar with and enforce company policies regarding returns.
• Listen for customer needs or issues and relay relevant info to Sales Agent or company management.
• Perform basic vehicle maintenance duties as requested.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Driving record reflecting a responsible, safe, defensive driving history.
• Comfortable in a customer-facing role. Ability to present themselves in a professional, courteous manner.
• Comfortable using mobile technology, such as tablets.
• General knowledge of and interest in automobiles, including parts and functionality, is desired.Position Specification ● Delivery Driver
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Physical ability to carefully load/unload parts and operate a van or truck.
• Able to read and navigate by map, plot routes, and follow oral and written delivery instructions.
• Possesses a friendly and sincere demeanor.
• Ability to understand and consistently follow delivery schedule in a timely fashion.
• Able to establish familiarity and trust with customers, regardless of level or position.
• Enthusiasm, patience, and a positive attitude.
• Willing to work longer days.
• Previous driving and delivery experience are preferred.